When I write, I like to move all over the house. I typically spend mornings at my desk in my office where I type in the manuscript I’ve been working on by hand or type in research notes to back up my facts.
I like to spread out as I write and often set up a 6-foot cardtable in my library where I can spread out my research notes and research books and piles of mentor texts I’m studying…right next to my current sewing projects!
I often sit in a comfy chair to read research books and take handwritten notes. It’s here you’ll find me sitting to read my manuscripts aloud to my cats, too, who are always willing to listen and give feedback…not!
And most afternoons (and evenings when my teacher husband Jeff is nearby grading papers or reading a book), I’ve got my feet up on our comfy couch…snuggled up with my writing buddies of course!
Connect with children’s writer Nancy I Sanders.
Learn more about her books and her life as a children’s writer at these sites:
And if you’re a children’s writer and you’d like to be featured on this site, too, I’d love to have you join in the fun. Here’s what to do:
1. E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. E-mail me at least one jpg photo of you at your writing desk. You can send me more if you write in different spots throughout your day.
3. Include in your e-mail a note about your life as a children’s writer. It can be as long or as short as you like.
4. Include any links to child-friendly sites such as your website or blog. Also include your links to Facebook, Twitter or social media sites you’d like me to post.
5. Then wait a week or so. I’ll e-mail you back when your link is up and running!