Ahoy there mateys! Is anybody here planning to celebrate TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY this year with yer wee ones?
Here be a list of fun ways ye can celebrate. It’s this coming Saturday, September 19! Invite yer friends, parents, brothers and sisters, captain, teachers, mateys, and everyone ye know to join in the fun!
1. Talk like a pirate.
2. Dress up in yer pirate gear.
3. Take a nap in a hammock.
4. Dig a hole and bury a box filled with treasure.
5. Say “Ahoy there!” when ye answer the phone.
6. Draw a treasure map.
7. Read A PIRATE’S MOTHER GOOSE.
8. Draw pictures of pirates.
9. Practice saying “Aargh!” in front of a mirror.
10. Sail on a real ship.
11. Dance a jig.
12. Go geocaching on an amazing treasure hunt.
13. Be kind to parrots and monkeys.
14. Swagger when ye walk.
15. Make a pirate craft.
16. Give a bag of gold chocolate coins to yer mates.
17. Play a fiddle.
18. Bake a recipe of hard tack and eat it with yer pirate mateys.
19. Wear buckles on yer shoes.
20. Play a fiddle.
21. Sing a pirate shanty.
22. Decorate a big box to be a pirate ship and sit in it to sail the seven seas!